CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 19, 2010

It's John Mac's GOTCHA Day!

     One year ago today we were headed to Matthews to meet "someone".  We did not have any idea that the "someone" was a baby boy only 9 days old.  We of course thought that the "someone" was a girl that had seen our profile and wanted to meet us to see if she wanted to choose us to parent her unborn child.  Well, that was not the case.  When the ladies at CAS walked into Mrs. Doris' office one of them was holding a precious baby boy and they told us that he was ours!  Oh, the sheer JOY.  We both started crying and could not believe what was happening.  It was one of the best days of my life!
     We are not doing anything really special today, but we are remembering what happened on this wonderful day last year!  You can go to the November 12, 2009 Post on the Blog to read exactly how this day last year played out.  A lot of the November 2009 posts are about our adoption.  Here are some pictures from that day and now!

Mrs. Terri our Foster Mom

4 comments:

Joy for the Seasons said...

Love love love those gotcha day photos! I cried. :) Not to be your pushy new friend, but I really want to see some of those surprised family photos you talked about at dinner the other night!

Annice said...

Our Adoption Story and pictures are on the Blog under Dates Nov. 11, 12, and 13 and Nov. 17 (2009). There is also a Facebook Photo Album that has the pictures in it, it's titled Surprise!!! The Day We Got John Mac! I still cry almost everytime I look at the pictures!!

Gretchen said...

I just took a peek at your Surprise photos, too. Such great pictures!! I teared up, girl! And remembering my our Gotcha Day with Marnina....such a great day. It's been almost 3 years and I remember it like yesterday. Have a great day celebrating with the little man!

Jenny said...

Happy Belated Gottcha Day to you and your sweet family!!!!! Those pics made me cry!