CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 12, 2011

Edi's 1st Plane Ride, Where Did We Go???

     The first weekend in July Edi and I took a Mother/Daughter Trip to Atlanta, GA.  She had never been on a plane before and was so nervous.  We left on Friday morning and my mom and her friend Denise picked us up at the airport.  My mom had gone down before the 4th to spend a couple of weeks there.  After I saw Idina Menzel in concert near home in March, I had to find another location near home that she was going to be and Atlanta just happened to be one of them, so I planned a time to go with Edi.  I've been telling her for a couple of years now that when she turns 10, she and I will start taking a weekend trip together just the 2 of us every year and she turns 10 in August.  We had a great time and it was so nice to spend one on one time with her.  We were able to stay with Denise and my dad bought our airline tickets with his Skymiles, so it wasn't a very expensive trip either.  Our first stop on Friday was The Varsity to eat and then we headed over to the Centennial Fountains and then CNN.  On Saturday we went out to breakfast with Denise's wonderful parents. hung around the house, got ready for the concert, then headed to meet one of my friend Michele from Atlanta that I used to work with.  We all ate dinner together and then we headed to the concert at Chastain Park.  It was beautiful night and a wonderful concert.  We all had a great time.  On Sunday it was time to get ready to head home and both of us would have liked to have spent at least one more day.







































1 comments: