CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 13, 2009

Adoption Story Continued Again......


Part 3

    Friday came and we didn’t make Edi go to school. We took John Mac to the doctor just as we were told to do. We went to get blue bows for our mailbox and the grandparents’ mailboxes. We could hardly wait until the family got there. At about 4:30pm Daniel’s parents arrived. We took John Mac into Edi’s room and put him on her bed with Amelia. Daniel and I stood in the corner, one with the regular camera and the other with the video camera. We had Edi greet them at the door and tell them she had something to show them in her room. They followed and we caught their first reactions to seeing him on camera, another priceless moment. They of course could not believe what was happening and just held him and asked questions. We did this same thing 3 more times throughout the afternoon and evening, to my brother and niece, to my mom, to my dad, and then to my friend Jennifer who lives down the road from us. My mom and dad were supposed to come together, but they drove separate because my dad was coming from work. It was the most fun we’ve ever had. I know why the ladies at CAS had such a good time with us. I would recommend this way of finding out you’re a new mom to anyone!

    Of course after all the excited the adoption story continues. We will forever have this journey and it is one that we are looking forward to. Our adoption is semi-open which means we have some information about the birth family, but no identifying information. They have information about us as well, but again no identifying information. The information we do have is John Mac’s and when he’s old enough we will begin telling him things about his birth parents that we know. If he chooses to share the information then that will be his right. We send a letter to the birth mom and birth dad along with pictures through CAS every month. We will continue to do this until John Mac is 2 years old, then we will do it every other month for a while and then once a year. If the birth family wants more contact in the future, we would be very open to that. Our birth mom gave us the most precious gift. She chose life for John Mac and just because she did not feel she was in a place in her life to raise him does not mean she does not love him. She loves him more than anyone can imagine, she wanted a better life for him, and sacrificed herself and her feelings to make that happen. We will forever be grateful for our birth mother and father. When you pray; please pray for them and their strength. I cannot imagine not seeing my children’s faces everyday or having them to hug, kiss, and snuggle. I do know that I would do anything for them, just as our birth mom did.

Thank you so much for reading our story.
Annice


Daniel's Parents




My Mom



My Brother and Niece



My Dad



My Mom and Dad

0 comments: