CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Our Saturday in Denton, NC


    Yesterday we spent the day in Denton, NC at Camp Walter Johnson. We were there for the Annual Christian Adoption Services Family Day.  All families that have adopted through CAS or are in the process of adopting are invited to attend.  It's a wonderful day to see people we've met through our adoption journey and new people who are just beginning their journey.  Every family that has had placement in the last year gets to stand up and introduce their new addition and tell a little bit about the journey.  When it was our turn I knew I would be speaking because Daniel had already informed me that I would have to do it.  Well, I got up there and started introducing our family and promptly began to cry.  I cannot talk about adoption or the blessing that it has given our family without crying.  All joyous tears of course, but it's just so very emotional for me.  After we ate and everyone talks, the kids get to go and enjoy all the fun things the camp has to offer; like archery, BB gun shooting, tricycle racing, a rock wall, putt-putt, and paddle boats.  Amelia was not old enough to participate, so she, I, and John Mac walked around and hung out with other families.  Daniel and Amber walked around with Edi while she did all the things she wanted to do.  It was a long day, but a blessed one.  We can't wait to go again next year.  We've already talked about staying in Asheboro next year on Saturday night and going to the Zoo on Sunday.

PS:  Don't you love the cute Fall Leaf Shirts the kids are wearing?  I made them all by myself.  I learned how from two other Blogs, Beyond Our Wildest Dreams  and Our Cozy Nest . They were a lot of fun to make and I'm going to do some more soon.



1 comments:

Jenny said...

I HATE that we had to miss out on all the fun. We had a church event scheduled for the same day and time-bummer! Anyway, I LOVE the girls shirts! They turned out really cute! They are easy and fun aren't they!?!! Can't wait to see what else you make! Have a great week!