CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Attack of the Birds........

......well maybe I should say Bird.  Earlier this week we noticed that the blue birds around our house were staying very close to the house.  We have 3 blue bird boxes in our backyard and they usually have several families in them a year.  Typically when we go outside they stand guard of their houses and families from afar.  But, the other day I was starting on dinner and I kept seeing a flicker or flash out of the corner of my eye. At first I thought it was the light above the sink flicking, but then I realized it was a blue bird flying up and down in front of the kitchen window.  I looked out through the window and the kitchen door and saw him perched in the gutter, I thought he had made a nest there.  Daniel checked it out and no nest.  While were eating dinner that night we noticed other blue birds around the deck and yard, it looked as though they were watching and helping  their young.  We did see one baby that was about the same size as his parents, but he still had a few fluffy feathers.  There were also some sparrows and doves that seemed to be helping out as well.  During dinner one of the blue birds perched on the handle of our storm door and watched us eat.   Everyday it seems they find a different window or perch to peer in.  Today I was coming down the hall to get on the computer and I heard knocking, but weird sounding.  When I came into the room a blue bird was flying around the window and kept bumping his head into it and then he would perch on the window.  He would fly off for a few seconds and then come right back, he did this the entire time I was at the computer which was about 15 minutes.  I beginning to think that the one in the window all the time is one and the same!

Kitchen Window

 Laundry Room Window



Pergola

Deck


Garage Door into Backyard




Playroom/Office


......well maybe I should say Bird.  Earlier this week we noticed that the blue birds around our house were staying very close to the house.  We have 3 blue bird boxes in our backyard and they usually have several families in them a year.  Typically when we go outside they stand guard of their houses and families from afar.  But, the other day I was starting on dinner and I kept seeing a flicker or flash out of the corner of my eye. At first I thought it was the light above the sink flicking, but then I realized it was a blue bird flying up and down in front of the kitchen window.  I looked out through the window and the kitchen door and saw him perched in the gutter, I thought he had made a nest there.  Daniel checked it out and no nest.  While were eating dinner that night we noticed other blue birds around the deck and yard, it looked as though they were watching and helping  their young.  We did see one baby that was about the same size as his parents, but he still had a few fluffy feathers.  There were also some sparrows and doves that seemed to be helping out as well.  During dinner one of the blue birds perched on the handle of our storm door and watched us eat.   Everyday it seems they find a different window or perch to peer in.  Today I was coming down the hall to get on the computer and I heard knocking, but weird sounding.  When I came into the room a blue bird was flying around the window and kept bumping his head into it and then he would perch on the window.  He would fly off for a few seconds and then come right back, he did this the entire time I was at the computer which was about 15 minutes.  I beginning to think that the one in the window all the time is one and the same!

0 comments: